The trust was met with the realisation that a dispersed IT infrastructure did not meet their needs going forward and as a result change was required. To fully realise future goals the trust had three major challenges to overcome with budgetary constraints.
- Ageing hardware. Both server and client device hardware nearing the end of its lifecycle
- Duplication of systems. Each school acting in silo with no means of collaboration.
- Connectivity. Multiple schools spread over a vast geographical location
As a technology partner Integy’s approach was to adopt industry standard techniques and identify the core requirements of a target operating model.
Via collaborative workshops, design clinics and proof of concepts a target state architecture was developed.
Based on the approved target state Integy delivered the cloud elements as part of a successful deployment.
Based on the Microsoft core technology stack with a cloud first approach Integy were able to deliver a streamlined centralised IT infrastructure that met the needs of the trust now, and in the future.
Integy successfully guided the client in simplifying their IT operations and providing users with a consistent user experience.
- Simplified logon solution with a single identity
- Improved security and web protection regardless of device
- Resiliency across all systems, inbuilt DR and backup
- Flexibility, the ability to connect from any location on any device and receive the same experience
- Consumption based cost model, ensuring a consistent known cost
- Zero capital outlay on hardware, extending the life of client hardware
- Streamlined device build, automating the process
- Future reductions in Wide Area Network costs