Faced with an aging infrastructure the client had a number of challenges around storing user data on their on-premises infrastructure. Increased dis-satisfaction was being raised by senior staff members in relation to three main problems.
- Capacity. Lack of available storage space
- Availability. Poor reliability met with failed backups and lack of retention
- Collaboration. Inability to easily share and collaborate on documents
Having reviewed the infrastructure Integy recommended as part of a strategic direction user data was moved to OneDrive. As the client used a mixture of laptops and session-based computing solutions Integy provided implementation consultancy to simplify the migration.
- OneDrive client deployed to Windows 10 laptop estate and session-based solution
- Configuration of OneDrive using the Files on Demand feature to minimise the requirement on local storage
- Implementation of a containerised profile solution on the session-based capability
- Seamless automated migration of data to OneDrive
- Integration of cloud-based backup
- OneDrive deployed across the End User Computing solution
- Consistent user experience regardless of device
- Seamless data migration
- Saving of over 10TB of data
- Reduction in backup overhead
- Simplified document sharing and collaboration